Installation of the MainWP Wordfence Extension requires two important steps:
- Installing the Extension itself
- Installing the Wordfence plugin on Child Sites.
1. Installing the Extension
MainWP Wordfence Extension is a WordPress plugin, and the installation process is the same as any other WordPress plugin.
Follow the steps below in your MainWP Dashboard site, not child sites:
- Go to the WP-Admin > Plugins > Add New
- Click “Upload” link
- Click “Choose File”
- Locate the mainwp-wordfence-extension.zip file and click the “Install Now” button.
- After installations, click the “Activate Plugin” link.
- Next, go to the MainWP > Extensions page,
- locate the new extension and enable it by clicking the Enable button.
That is it. The extension is ready for use.
2. Installing the Wordfence Plugin
For the proper use of the MainWP Wordfence Extension, you need to install the Wordfence Plugin on your child sites. To do that,
- Go to the WP Admin > Plugins > Add New page;
- In the search form, enter “Wordfence”;
- Click the Search Plugins button;
- When you get Search Results, locate the plugin and click the Install Now link.
- Click the Activate Plugin link.
Now, your MainWP Wordfence Extension is ready for use!