The Fathom Extension for MainWP simplifies accessing Fathom data for all Child Sites within your MainWP Dashboard. It adds global and individual widgets that display visitor counts and valuable insights, empowering you to make informed decisions for your Child Sites.
Use this Extension To Track:
- Unique pages view
- Average Engagement time
- Visitors by Country
- Visitors by Page
- Visitors by Device
- Views by Referrers
- Visitors by Browsers
Establishing a connection with a Fathom Account
- Navigate to https://app.usefathom.com/api
- Click the Create New button to create an API token
- Give the key a name, set Permissions to Admin key, and click the Save change button
- Navigate to MainWP Dashboard > Extensions > Fathom > Add Account
- Paste in the API token and click the Connect Account button
The Fathom Extension doesn’t allow you to insert the Fathom Analytics tracking code on your child sites. To do that, you will need to add the code manually or use a 3rd party plugin.
Assigning sites from your Fathom Account to Child Sites in your MainWP Dashboard
- Go to the MainWP > Sites > Manage Sites page
- Locate the desired child site and click the Edit action
- Locate the Fathom section
- Select the correct Fathom site from the dropdown menu
- Click the Save Settings button
- Repeat the process for all your child sites
- When you are done, you will see those sites in the dropdown on the Extensions > Fathom > Visitor Data page
Fathom Visitor Data
After you connect your Fathom Analytics account and assign Fathom Sites to your Child Sites, you will be able to see all Fathom Analytics data on the Extensions > Fathom > Visitor Data page.
You can disable and enable widgets in the Page Settings, and you can re-arrange them in any way you wish.
Fathom widget will be added to the Overview page and on the Individual Child site Overview page.
As always, the widgets can be enabled or disabled in the Page Settings, and they can be re-arranged however you wish.
Fathom data in Pro Reports
Fathom data can also be included using tokens. You can find a list of all available tokens here: https://kb.mainwp.com/docs/available-pro-reports-tokens/
For more information about Pro Reports and the use of tokens please refer to this KB: https://kb.mainwp.com/docs/pro-reports-extension-overview/