- Navigate to https://console.cloud.google.com/ and select an existing project or create a new one
- At the top of the screen, search for Analytics API
- Enable the API
- On the same Google Analytics API page, go to Credentials
- Click the Create Credentials button, and then from the menu, select API key
- On the same Google Analytics API page, go to OAuth consent screen
- Fill in App name, User support email, and Developer contact information fields
- Click the Save and continue button until the last page Summary, without changing anything on Scopes and Optional info subpages
- Click the Create Credentials button, and then from the menu, select OAuth client ID
- Select Web Application, enter Name and paste the Authorized redirect URIs from your MainWP Dashboard > Extensions > Google Analytics > Add Account page, and click the Create button
- Locate the Credentials you saved to your computer & open it in a text editor of your choice.
- Navigate to MainWP > Extensions > Google Analytics > Add Account
- Enter in your Credentials & click Connect Account
- Note: ( PROJECT ID = ACCOUNT NAME )
- Select Your Google Analytics Account
- Click Continue to give consent to your MainWP Dashboard
- Click Advanced on the SSL Warning ( don’t worry about this – you’re ok )
- Click Goto Unsafe Website.
- Please check the Manage Accounts tab to verify a successful connection
- Follow these instructions to assign Google Analytics properties to your Child sites
If the process keeps failing for you, please try a different browser and ensure that any ad-blocker add-ons in your browser are disabled.
The process was verified and updated on May 18, 2022